Study groups provide North Coast and Skeena educators with time for sharing ideas and listening to each other. Through dialogue (with a book, other texts, and each other) we learn how others think, what others value, and how we connect with each other.
Information About Study Groups
- All North Coast and Skeena educators (including educators in public, independent, First Nation, and Band schools) are invited to participate in a study group (no other involvement with the Critical Education Project is required or expected).
- Study groups meet for six sessions (via Zoom) every other Tuesday – from 7:00-8:30 PM. There is one book group in the fall (usually starting the first Tuesday of October) and one in the spring (usually starting the first Tuesday of April).
- You do not need to attend every session to participate. Attend as you can. You can join later in a series, even if you miss the first sessions.
- Please order a copy of the book for yourself (in advance of the first session).
- Future book titles are selected by participants of the previous session, on the final meeting of each series.